[CentOS] sshd Match Group directive problem

Bernard Fay

bernard.fay at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:50:25 UTC 2017

I try to set up two "Match Group" directives in sshd_config.

I have an LDAP server.  All users including admins are part of the LDAP
group users. The admins users are also part of the LDAP group wheel. For
example:

[~]groups admin1
admin1 : users wheel
[~]groups users
user1 : users

On a client server to LDAP, I try to configure two "Match Group" directives
in sshd_config as follows:

Match Group wheel
    some keywords...

Match Group users
    some keywords...

The problem is that even if a user is a member of LDAP group wheel, the
"Match Group wheel" directive is skipped in favor of the "Match Group
users" directive.

Is it possible to have two "Match Group" directives as I like to do it?  If
yes, what is wrong in my configuration?

Thanks,