[CentOS] Spotty internet connection

Fri Feb 3 01:13:12 UTC 2017
TE Dukes <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com>

How do you IT guys diagnose the problem with a spotty internet connection?

Just spent an hour on the phone with TWC/Spectrum. Of course they don't see
anything wrong with their service.

They send me to speedtest.net. The first attempt, the page didn't fully
load, the second attempt, the page didn't load at all, the third attempt, it
loaded.

On a 20/2MB line I get 24.83/2.47MB. The speed is better than what I'm
paying for but its spotty.

Lately I have been getting slow  and partial page loads, server not found,
server timed out, etc.. Get knocked off ssh when accessing my home server
from work, etc. Its not the work connection because I don't have problems
accessing other sites, just here at home and my home server.

Is there any kind of utility to check for failing hardware?

TIA