[CentOS] Mail issues

Wed Feb 1 01:39:53 UTC 2017
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org>

On 31/01/17 12:50, TE Dukes wrote:
> This is a fresh install of dovecot and postfix. I have uninstalled
> mailscanner as well until I can figure out what's wrong.

You shouldn't use mailscanner anyways, it relys on direct manipulation
of the postfix queue files which is unsupported by postfix.  Consider
amavisd-new and spamassassin/clamav instead.

> I sent a test mail from root to tdukes but its not being delivered to
> ~/Maildir

as I said in another post, you need to set:

home_mailbox = Maildir/

...in main.cf.  Note that the trailing slash means it will be delivered
in maildir format (which is likely what you want), if you would rather
that local(8) deliver in mbox format then omit the trailing slash.

Peter