[CentOS] GCC 4.9 in CentOS 7 ??

Thu Feb 9 04:04:12 UTC 2017
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 02/08/2017 07:35 PM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Wednesday, February 08, 2017 7:25 PM -0800 Alice Wonder
> <alice at domblogger.net> wrote:
>
>> As far as I can tell PHP built against LibreSSL works just fine running
>> with the net-snmp bindings built against OpenSSL however there was a
>> warning in the system log from ld when I tried it.
>
> There should only be a problem if Net-SNMP depends on bugs in the
> OpenSSL implementation.

What I really worry about is bugs in makefiles - if I have openssl-devel
installed in /usr to satisfy the net-snmp-devel package, and I have
libressl-devel installed on /opt - what happens if a Makefile gets
confused when parsing the pkgconfig files or something and uses the
wrong header files for the libraries it is linking against.

That's why I want to make sure only one devel package for an API is
installed at a time, and that's easiest to do by always using /usr as
the prefix so that if dependencies are brought in by the mock build
system that result in two implementations of the same API, they will
conflict with each other and mock will exit.

For the runtime I'm not that worried, the shared libraries have
different versions.

It's building where bugs in Makefile systems could cause the wrong
headers being used.