[CentOS] mach64 driver, latest update in CentOS 6.8, symbol lookup error

Thu Feb 9 13:13:52 UTC 2017
Styma, Robert (Nokia - US) <robert.styma at nokia.com>

> Hello Bob,

> looks like, the driver isn't rebuilt, take the centos 6.8 ISO and look
> how it goes.

> Sincerely

> AndyBe

Hello AndyBe,
    I download the ISO's and started the reinstall.  It went through all the normal setup up to outputting the message that it was starting Anaconda.   Then the screen went blank and stayed that way.  This is the same symptom as when it is trying to start.  While the driver was not rebuild I suspect something that accesses the driver added a call to xf86LinearVidMem which is not found in the symbol list for the driver.

I am not sure where to go from here.

I have a USB SVGA video adapter sitting in a drawer.  As much as I don't want to, I am thinking of plugging that in.  That so much a long shot.  It is designed as a second monitor.  I tried plugging a PCI video card (old) into the expansion slot, but the system ignored it.  Either the BIOS is not interested in other video cards or the slot is PCI-X only.

I would like to use this machine as my normal desktop as it has 2 processors each with 2 cores at 3.6GHz.  It has 4 Gig memory with 4 empty slots and I have a spare to use for parts.

Bob Styma

> Am Mittwoch, den 08.02.2017, 17:40 +0000 schrieb Styma, Robert (Nokia -
US):