[CentOS] Wich web browser on CentOS6 ?

Fri Feb 10 21:01:17 UTC 2017
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 2/10/2017 12:44 PM, Alice Wonder wrote:
> IMHO FireFox is doing the right thing. Compromises in policy is how
> system compromises often happen.
>
> If you can change the setting to be more forgiving of certain bad
> vendors, then so can malware.
>
> What we really need to do is demand better from the manufacturers of
> products we use in a "professional environment" - and it is extremely
> important we demand better from them now, during the dawn of IoT.

you get 'better' from vendors by maintaining paid support contracts,
doing frequent firmware updates, and regular hardware updates.     the
hardware in question here is likely over 5 years old (I know this too
well, I have a rack full of 3-6 year old hardware in my lab at work, all
of which is off support due to it being test/dev, and corporate
budgetary constraints).

Chrome is even worse as far as making it impossible to connect to older
embedded services like the various IPMI remote consoles, etc.