[CentOS] Licence text questions

Sat Feb 11 15:57:52 UTC 2017
Walter Dnes <waltdnes at waltdnes.org>

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 08:06:49AM -0500, Jonathan Billings wrote

> Wouldn't this be easier done as a mock chroot?  I realize you're
> not building RPMs, but you could use the chroot for building any
> software, and on any arbitrary CentOS or Fedora system.

  1) Not everybody runs Fedora/Redhat/CentOS

  2) The builds I'm doing are targetted at distros, like Puppy linux,
which use older libs with backported security fixes.  Pale Moon built
in a chroot or mock chroot in CentOS 6.8 and up, let alone any modern
distro, does not run on "Lucid Puppy" linux.  That's because it'll
expect the newer libs on the target machine.  This is why I have to
provide the entire old CentOS 6.5 environment complete with older libs
to build against.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes at waltdnes.org>