[CentOS] Automounting a USB drive

Mon Feb 13 03:11:07 UTC 2017
tdukes at palmettoshopper.com <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Automounting a USB drive
From: Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
Date: Sun, February 12, 2017 9:52 pm
To: centos at centos.org

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 06:19:34PM -0700, tdukes at palmettoshopper.com
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Been try to use autofs to mount and unmount a usb flashdrive.

I've never had to do anything at all to make this work,...
I insert the USB device, wait a few seconds, and voila!

are you trying this because you can't get it to work the "normal" way,
or is this simply an educational experience?

Fred

Its not mounting on its own as it did in 6.8.

If I click on it in gnome, it mounts but REAR won't backup to it.

If i manually mount it from a terminal, I have read/write access.

Haven't been able to get a backup since I upgraded back in mid-January.