[CentOS] Oracle support 12c

Fri Feb 17 22:35:05 UTC 2017
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 06:17:40PM +0000, Silva-Borrego, Mario, DPS wrote:
> All,
>
> I know it might sound a repetitive question although I have not found anything to help me online.
>
> Anyone knows if Oracle support will support CentOS with Oracle 12c? I know RHEL 6 & 7 is listed as supported OS, but I want to double check if that includes CentOS 6 & 7.
>
> The reason I am asking is because I want to migrate all servers I am receiving from old management to CentOS, currently is a mixed between SLES and RHEL
>
> Any insight will be appreciated
>
> Thank you,
>
> ms

I don't think Oracle ever mentions CentOS in their compatibility matrices.
They would be compatible with Oracle Linux 6 and 7, of course, which should
by itself infer compatibility with EL6, EL7, and Centos 6 and 7. But
"compatibility" may not translate to "support".

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.