[CentOS] RAID questions

Sun Feb 19 11:46:12 UTC 2017
Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml at conversis.de>

On 15.02.2017 03:10, TE Dukes wrote:

> [...]

RAID is *not* a backup. If a virus or buggy program or an accidental "rm
-rf *" in the wrong directory deletes files on a RAID then these files
are obviously gone on the replicas as well.
If you want to prevent the loss of files then instead you should add a
second disk to the system and simply backup data on a daily basis to
that disk.
A RAID array is not the appropriate way to go for you scenario described
above.

Regards,
  Dennis