[CentOS] RHEL 8 speculation ???

Sat Feb 25 18:31:20 UTC 2017
Yan Li <elliot.li.tech at gmail.com>

We use GCC 6 from SoftwareCollection 6 and build our own Boost libraries with static linking. The result binaries work on all C7 instances just fine without the need to install any extra packages. The binary size isn't bloated too much by statically linking Boost, because many Boost functions are header templates anyway (but your mileage may vary).

Not sure if you have other dependencies but we never feel the need to upgrade the whole OS just to get a newer GCC and Boost.

Yan