[CentOS] Raspberry PI3 - CentOS armv7hl gnome desktop

Paul R. Ganci

ganci at nurdog.com
Sun Jan 1 01:25:43 UTC 2017

On 12/31/2016 04:09 PM, dsavage at peaknet.net wrote:
> The only real problem I see is here:
>
> [  2665.952] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
>
> It appears that CentOS wants to use hardware acceleration that the Pi
> can't do. Video is definitely one of the Pi's weaker capabilities.
I saw that but I didn't think it was really fatal. I thought it just
meant some software emulation was going to be done in place of hardware
acceleration. Therefore I thought that maybe the driver to do that did
not get installed. Is there an obvious way to try and turn off hardware
acceleration?
> Compared to the other desktops, GNOME is a resource hog. I'm a MATE guy,
> so I can't yet speak to the CentOS ARM build. I do know that the MATE Spin
> for Fedora 25 ARM installed perfectly on my Raspberry Pi3.
Yes I know GNOME is a hog, but was just trying it out. I really want to
try out the aarch64 version but not much on the internet as to how to
get started (Quick start is coming soon). Would really like to find more
definitive instructions for that. Stilll pretty amazing what you can do
for about $40.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)
Cell: (303)257-5208