[CentOS] yum update pulls in lvm-cluster on 7.3

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 10:11:15 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 6:30 AM, <me at tdiehl.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the delayed response.

No problem

> Hummm, According to the changelog your version of lvm2 is over a year old.

Yes, it was a test vm server not recently updated.

> So I guess what I am trying to figure out is what is pulling in the
> Resilient
> Storage group.
>
> Suggestions?

question: your .repo files under /etc/yum.repos.d contain official CentOS
mirrors or anything customized that could have broken repodata information?

question: why are you using priorities plugin?
See here for related files, in case:
https://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities

What I would test/try in order is:

- check all enabled contents in .repo files and verify it is correct in
respect with a standard CentOS 7 system

- yum update --disablerepo=cr
and see if anything changes

- it could be related with priorities plugin too, I would try
yum update --disableplugin=priorities
and/or
yum update --disableplugin=priorities --disablerepo=cr

- I never used changelog plugin and it should pop-in only if changelog
option has been given in yum command, anyway I would try
yum update --disableplugin=changelog
and/or
yum update --disableplugin=changelog --disablerepo=cr

- try running yum command with debug option enabled and see if anything
pops up
yum update -d 5

HIH,
Gianluca