[CentOS] 7.3: Gnome workspaces mirrored

Rob Kampen rkampen at kampensonline.com
Thu Jan 5 07:14:17 UTC 2017

On 04/01/17 22:09, Gerhard Schneider wrote:
> An user is using 2 displays and configured Gnome to "Static Workspaces
> only on primary display on" using gnome-tweak-tool
>
> Till 7.2 it was working as expected. After upgrading to 7.3 the content
> on the primary screen gets mirrored to all workspaces.
>
> When switching to "Static Workspaces only on primary display off"
> everything is working as expected on 7.3, too.
>
> Any ideas?
I had not noticed as I do not often use multiple work spaces but do
always have four spaces set up.
I too had this "static workspaces only on primary display" setting "on"
- and thus each of the four workspaces showed exactly the same open
windows - not at all what previously occurred.

Setting this to "off" give the other three workspaces just the default
desktop - on both monitors - however it is still different than before
(7,2, 7.1) as now the open windows contents of both monitors is only on
the one desktop and the other three have both screens default blank
desktop - previously the second monitor contents was visible on all four
desktops.
No idea what is meant to be correct - I can live with this, but these
illogical changes that keep happening with gnome are difficult to
understand - the new gnome developers obviously think and work VERY
differently to me.