[CentOS] sshd problem on reboot

Alessandro Baggi

alessandro.baggi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 10:05:26 UTC 2017

Hi list,
I have a dedicated server managed  through ssh and this morning I have
upgraded my system from 7.2 to 7.3. After yum finished his work, and
rebooted my server.
After reboot I tried to log in with ssh and got "Connection refused".
I've noticed that all public services were online.

So I've contacted my provider to get access to the server and I've
noticed that ssh was started with my specified port. I've tried to log
locally on server and I got connection refused. So I've ridden logs and got:

error: bind to port MYPORT in LOCALIP failed: cannot assign requested
address.

I've restarted sshd and problem "was solved".
Now I can't try to replicate this error because I can't reboot the server.

My addressing config is:

Port PORT
AddressFamily inet
ListenAddress LOCALIP