[CentOS] Firefox Issue

Always Learning centos at u68.u22.net
Tue Jan 10 12:00:44 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-01-09 at 11:06 -0600, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 04:23:05PM +0000, Always Learning wrote:
> >
> > Agreed. One of my Apache defences is to redirect probes/hacks to
> > 127.0.0.1 :-)
>
> Would you be willing to share this rewrite rule with the list, please?
> Some may find it useful.  Thank you.

(1) Hosting several web sites on a single IPv4 address.

(2) Create Apache Virtual Hosts for each web site plus one extra.

(3) Assuming the IP address is 1.2.3.4 and that IP address has a host
name of dummy.domain.com *and* no web site is hosted with the name
dummy.domain.com

(4) The 'extra' Apache Virtual Host file contains ....

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80 dummy.domain.com:80>
    DocumentRoot /prod/web/domains/dummy/
    ServerName 1.2.3.4
    CustomLog ............
    ErrorLog  ...........
    HostnameLookups Off

<Directory /prod/web/domains/dummy/>
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Methods "GET"
    Order Deny,Allow
    Allow from all

    RedirectMatch permanent ^/(.*)$          http://127.0.0.1/

</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

(5) Any attempt to access:-

* using the IP address as a web site host name, or

* the host name of the IP address as a web site host name,

is diverted to 127.0.0.1

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.