[CentOS] firefox/flash/CNN issue in Centos-7

Fred Smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Jan 10 16:05:00 UTC 2017

Hi all!

I have 3 up to date C7 systems.

One of them has flash installed, the other two do not.

One of the two without flash displays CNN videos fine. I'm not sure
whether it is using html5/canvas, or some other mechanism.

the other system without flash fails to display them because flash
is missing.

So far I have not been able to figure out what is different in the
two systems' firefox configuration. All 3 systems use the firefox
version that ships with Centos-7 (i.e., the one that yum update
provides).

I've compared the addons and plugins and can't see anything different
there that I'd expect to be related to this issue.

can anyone here suggest further ideas?

thanks!

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."