[CentOS] Missing Dependency python-yubico

Tony Schreiner anthony.schreiner at bc.edu
Tue Jan 10 18:12:52 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey all, I'm trying to install the fedora-packager group so that I can
> build Fedora source packages into RPMs that I can install.  I'm getting
> this error:
>
> Error: Package: fedora-packager-0.6.0.1-1.el6.noarch (epel)
>            Requires: python-yubico
> <SNIP>
> [root at peach ~]# yum install python-yubico
> <SNIP>
> No package python-yubico available.
>

> Do you suppose that maybe this is a typo where python-yubico was typed
> instead of python-yubikey?  When I google for python-yubico Google
> suggests python-yubikey instead.  But maybe not!  RPM Search turns up
> python-yubico packages for Fedora 2[234] for x86_64, and CentOS 7.3 for
> x86_64 and finds no hits for python-yubikey.  Maybe the fedora-packager
> group only works on CentOS 7?
>
> I'm so confused ;-)
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can solve this issue?  Is there
> another way to build source packages into RPM packages that I can install?
>
> CentOS release 6.8 (Final)
>
> Linux peach.patch 2.6.32-642.11.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 18 19:25:05
> UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> --
>     _
>    °v°
>   /(_)\
>    ^ ^  Mark LaPierre
> Registered Linux user No #267004
> https://linuxcounter.net/
> ****

This is more properly an EPEL question. But I am having the same issue.

There seems to have been a small rash of package releases on EPEL 6 that
have requirements only satisfied by RHEL 7 and friends.

I have to ask though. If you just want to rebuild Fedora RPMs for your
Centos, you do not need fedora-packager, you just need rpmbuild (in
rpm-build).

Tony Schreiner