[CentOS] Centos 7 force reverse dns lookup for none registered addr

Itschak Mugzach

imugzach at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 21:17:16 UTC 2017

I have an application running on a home network. the client is windows and
the server is Centos 7.  ​I can access the application from a browser, but
when I try a HTTP POST  from another Centos 7 box (CLI) I get 54 ECONNRESET
Connection reset by peer RECV. after reviewing TCPDUMP i see that Centos
drops the connection after trying to do a reverse DNS lookup. The problem
is that I am not using DNS but direct IP addresses.
How can I force Centos not to do a reverse DNS lookup?

Best,
ITschak