[CentOS] Reliable way of having both LAN and WIFI on headless box

Gary Stainburn gary at ringways.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 09:41:33 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 10 January 2017 20:59:12 Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> NetworkManger should work pretty nice and good as required.
> Just run the right cronjob every minute to make sure the connection is up
> or down and find out if it's possible to reconnect.
> NetworkManager is kind of does all you need automatically so you should not
> do anything unless there is a technical issue.
>
> Eliezer

Thank you for your reply, but surely the fact that I will need a cron job to
fix a problem that never existed before NetworkManager implies that there is
a problem with NetworkManager

Do you have any suggestions as to what the conjob should contain, presumably a
sequence of nmcli commands.

I haven't used nmcli yet, only nmtui. The problem i have is that when I have
problems with the WIFI, the connection disappears from nmtui.