[CentOS] Allow execution of commands via ssh but not to login

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Thu Jan 12 12:54:34 UTC 2017

Hello Bernard,

On Wed, 2017-01-11 at 10:59 -0500, Bernard Fay wrote:
> I made my search on google way to complicated for nothing.... :(

Only way to learn is from your mistakes ;-) .

> Thanks John and Seb!  authorized_keys will do the job.

If you need interactive login for f.e. sftp you should have a look at
rssh. It allows only scp, sftp, cvs, rdist and rsync. It's probably not
too hard to patch in other commands if you would need those.

A little netiquette: Please don't top post, it makes the flow of the
conversation unclear. A little trimming of the text you reply to is also
appreciated. Especially signatures do not provide any context so they
should always be removed. Thanks.

Regards,
Leonard.