[CentOS] Network Storage

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Jan 12 22:01:42 UTC 2017

On 1/12/2017 1:55 PM, TE Dukes wrote:
> Would it be possible to add a couple HDs to my existing 6.8 server and set
> them up as RAID drives?

assuming your server has room for more drives and sata or sas ports,
sure.    physically add the disks, use mdraid to put them in a mirror or
raid5/6 or whatever, use vgcreate to define a new volumegroup from that
raid, then use lvcreate to create logical volumes on that volume group,
which you can put file systems on, and add those file systems to your
/etc/fstab, then mount them.

>   If so, how would I keep it from mirroring the system drive?

it would only do that if you explicitly told it to.