[CentOS] Unable to edit resolv.conf

TE Dukes tdukes at palmettoshopper.com
Fri Jan 13 15:15:48 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: CentOS [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Gordon Messmer
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 10:10 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Unable to edit resolv.conf

On 01/13/2017 04:49 AM, TE Dukes wrote:
> I changed ISPs and need to update name servers in resolv.conf.
> I have Network Manager turned off and when I enable it , eth0 and eth1
> have no entries.  I enabled it, added the connections, but still no
changes.

If you want to use NetworkManager, edit
/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf and add "dns=none" in the main
section:

[main]
plugins=ifcfg-rh
dns=none

If you don't want to use NetworkManager, then set PEERDNS=no and remove any
DNS1, DNS2, etc settings in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*

Thanks!

I made the change in ifcfg-eth0 and eth1 to PERRDNS=no.

Then I did a really dumb thing -- I did a service network stop instead of
restart.

I'm done till I get back home this evening.

:-(