[CentOS] Centos 7 dhcpd failure to allow a 2nd network over same interal nic

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sun Jan 15 23:27:47 UTC 2017

On 1/15/2017 10:19 AM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Thank you for such a good explanation.  It seems apparent to me that a
> better way to do what I wanted would be to have two wireless routers,
> one wifi being controlled by the dhcpd server that assigns ip addresses
> through it to known and trusted connections with one subnet, and the
> other wifi router assigning addresses on a different subnet to less
> trusted users with less access.

you'd be better off with a single Wireless Access Point (not router)
that has support for a guest network, and requires authentication for
connecting to the secure network.   I have a couple Ubquiti UniFi AP's
that support this (not that I've configured them that way as I don't need

these guest networks function best if you have a switch and router that
supports VLANs