[CentOS] Increase CPU usage on HV after upgrade (7.2 -> 7.3)

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:57:48 UTC 2017

On 01/19/2017 06:29 AM, Subscriber wrote:
>> and what kind of IO patterns do those VMs
>> have?
> Do not quite understand. What do you mean?

What at the VMs doing?  Are they entirely idle?  Are they doing light
work, mostly reading from disks?  If they're not generating disk IO,
then that's not related.  However, during a recent set of benchmarks, I
found that disk reads were slower under 7.3 than under 7.2.  That might
be specific to the system I tested, or it might be related to the change
you're seeing.