[CentOS] SSSD cache case-sensitivity

Robbert Eggermont

R.Eggermont at tudelft.nl
Fri Jan 20 08:58:03 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I'm running CentOS 7.3 with SSSD. I'm using sssd-ad to talk to an AD
backend. Group names in the AD contain capitals.

When sssd-ad is working normally, group names returned are all
lowercase. However, when the AD backend goes offline, group names
returned from the SSSD cache contain capitals.

The change in case breaks stuff (sshd's AllowGroups, for one).

Has anybody else seen this behavior?
Is there a way to make the group names uniform, whether they come from
sssd-ad or the cache?

Best,

Robbert

--
Robbert Eggermont                                  Intelligent Systems
R.Eggermont at tudelft.nl         Electr.Eng., Mathematics & Comp.Science