[CentOS] SSSD cache case-sensitivity

Robbert Eggermont R.Eggermont at tudelft.nl
Fri Jan 20 12:13:03 UTC 2017

Hi John,

Thanks for pointing me to case_sensitive, that indeed is the cause:
the default for "case_sensitive" is "True", but for the AD provider
"True" is invalid(??), so it defaults to "False"(???)!

Good news is that with both "case_sensitive = False" and "case_sensitive
= Preserving" the results from AD and cache are identical (lowercase and
case-preserving, respectively).

Since this (opposite defaults) is broken by design, I hope the AD
provider will be fixed so it follows the general default.

Thanks,

Robbert

--
Robbert Eggermont                                  Intelligent Systems
R.Eggermont at tudelft.nl         Electr.Eng., Mathematics & Comp.Science