[CentOS] I'm making the change to a new OS

TE Dukes tdukes at palmettoshopper.com
Tue Jan 24 01:47:43 UTC 2017

Actually, I've been running a centos 7 vm for a couple months now on a 6.8 system with no problems. Just been scared to do a fresh install because it can't be upgraded from 6.8.

I'm saving the old HD just in case I need to revert back.

This will be the first time in 20 yrs that I'll try 'custom' partitioning. I've always gone the default route. I want to setup extra space/partition for backups until I can build a stand alone NAS.

I hope all my config files in 6.8 work in 7.3.