[CentOS] SELinux file permissions

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jan 24 20:26:44 UTC 2017

Am 23.01.2017 um 23:44 schrieb Tim Smith:
> Thanks for the pointer, will take a look down that route.
>
> Could you confirm the below is expected behaviour on Centos ?
>
> # semanage fcontext -a -t my_postfixauth_private_t
> "/var/spool/postfix/private(/.*)?"
> ValueError: Type my_postfixauth_private_t is invalid, must be a file
> or device type

Did you define my_postfixauth_private_t yourself? And if so, why?

All my sockets inside /var/spool/postfix/private/ have the type
postfix_private_t. I don't see why you think a non-standard type would
fit. And postfix_private_t gets automatically assigned and a custom
fcontext should not be necessary.

Alexander