[CentOS] CentOS 7 install on one RAID 1 [not-so-SOLVED]

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Jan 25 12:47:23 UTC 2017

On 01/24/17 19:00, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 01/24/2017 02:14 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> So, it installed happily.
>> Then wouldn't boot.
>
> What did the storage configuration look like, exactly?  I'd guess that you put
> one partition on each disk, combined those in a RAID1 MD array, made than an
> LVM physical volume, and then created filesystems and swap on LVs.  But that's
> a lot of guesses.  Did you use MBR partitions or GPT?  Are you booting under
> BIOS or UEFI?  Where do your partitions start?  Did you create a standard MD
> RAID volume and LVM or a partitionable RAID volume and partitions?

No. Brand new machine, pulled it out of the box and racked it. NOTHING on the
internal SSDs. Made an md RAID 0 on the raw disks - /dev/sda /dev/sdb. No
partitions, nothing. However, when I bring it up, fdisk shows an MBR with no
partitions. I can, however, mount /dev/md127p3 as /mnt/sysimage, and all is there.

Did I need to make a single partition, on each drive, and then make the RAID 1
out of *those*? I don't think I need to have /boot not on a RAID.

	mark