[CentOS] large update - best practice

Jon LaBadie jcu at labadie.us
Fri Jan 27 18:19:34 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 06:05:54PM +0100, Leon Fauster wrote:
> > Am 27.01.2017 um 17:27 schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
> >
> > Johnny Hughes wrote:

> In such scenario (xxx packages to update) I normally split the update command into
>
> # yum clean all
> # yum update glibc* rpm* yum*
> # yum update
> # reboot

The update to glibc*, wouldn't that replace the current
versions on disk?  If so, wouldn't there be a problem
if one had to reboot before the yum update could run
or complete.  Or do applications not need specific
glibc versions but only version X or newer.

Jon
Jon H. LaBadie                 jon at jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)
 Reston, VA  20190              (703) 935-6720 (C)