[CentOS] Strange (?) device.map in CentOS 7 VM installations

Wed Jan 4 11:07:55 UTC 2017
Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr>

On 29/12/2016 11:24 πμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

> ...I have found that all my CentOS 7 installations (VMs under KVM)
> have the same /boot/grub2/device.map, which seemingly refers to two
> HDs, although the VMs in fact include only one (virtual) HD.
> This is NOT the case with my CentOS 5 and CentOS 6 VMs, which all have
> a "correct" device map, with a single (hda0) entry.
>
> Is the above behavior expected? If not, what should be the expected
> way of operation and what may be the cause of it?
>
> I am trying to understand where something may be going wrong, so
> please help.

Hello,

I never got a reply on this, so I repeat the question:

Is it normal in CentOS 7 to have a device map with two entries esp. when
the (physical or virtual) hardware  has only one hd ?

Is the following normal?

     /boot/grub2/device.map:

        # this device map was generated by anaconda
        (hd0)      /dev/vda
        (hd1)      /dev/vda

Please advise!

Thanks,