[CentOS] multipath show config different in CentOS 7?

Tue Jan 31 21:51:39 UTC 2017
Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>

Hello,
suppose I want to use a special configuration for my IBM/1814 storage array
luns, then I put something like this in multipath.conf

devices {
        device {
                vendor "IBM"
                product "^1814"
                product_blacklist "Universal Xport"
                path_grouping_policy "group_by_prio"
                path_checker "rdac"
                features "0"
                hardware_handler "1 rdac"
                prio "rdac"
                failback immediate
                rr_weight "uniform"
                no_path_retry "12"
        }
}

In CentOS 6.x when you restart multipathd or restart server, using

multipathd -k
multipathd> show config
multipathd> exit

in output you see your particular configuration instead than the default
one for this particular device.
In CentOS 7.3 instead I see it two times, the first one with the default
built-in values (eg "no_path_retry   fail") and at the end the customized
one.
So it is not clear what is the actual configuration that device mapper
multipath is using...
The last wins?
Is this expected behaviour? In that case what command can I use to
crosscheck it (apart from real testing that is anyway necessary to verify
too)?
Eg in CentOS 7.3 I'm using device-mapper-multipath-0.4.9-99.el7_3.1.x86_64
while on CentOS 6.8 I'm using device-mapper-multipath-0.4.9-93.el6.x86_64

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca