[CentOS] CentOS 7 samba server + mac client problems

Tue Jan 3 18:24:15 UTC 2017
Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>

Only Mac clients are affected? Have you tested a Linux (e.g. Fedora 25
live OS would do) client?

It's necessary for all files to have selinux context
system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0. You can either user chcon -R to
apply it recursively to a particular directory you're sharing, or if
it's an entire (dedicated) volume, you can apply it volume wide with a
mount option, 'mount -o context="system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0"
/dev/mapper/brick /brick'

I'm not doing anything different for my Mac client than for a Linux
one, at least not that I'm aware of; however I'm using samba-4.5.3
since I'm using Fedora 25 server. It may be that older versions need
to force a lower version of SMB depending on which Mac client you're
using.

Chris Murphy