[CentOS] yum update pulls in lvm-cluster on 7.3

Wed Jan 4 10:37:14 UTC 2017
Peter Kjellström <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 08:16:06 -0500 (EST)
me at tdiehl.org wrote:
> I ran "yum update" this morning on a 7.2 machine with all of the cr
> updates applied to it and yum wants to install lvm-cluster and a
> bunch of deps.
>   Package           Arch      Version                Repository   Size
> Installing for group upgrade "Resilient Storage":
>   lvm2-cluster      x86_64    7:2.02.166-1.el7_3.1    updates
> I understand why the centos-release wants to be updated but can
> someone tell me why it wants to pull in lvm-cluster and friends? This
> machine is not part of a cluster.

I don't see how the above output could be much more clear. It wants to
upgrade the installed group of packages named "Resilient Storage" and
the included packages have new dependencies.

 * realise you don't want the group and remove it
 * live with its new dependencies even though you wont use all of them
   (this is of course the situation more many other packages on your
   machine already)
 * hold off on the update

/Peter K