[CentOS] microcode_ctl-2.1-16 hard crash on Intel E5 2667 v4 CPUs

Wed Jan 4 18:52:35 UTC 2017
Locane <locane at gmail.com>

Thanks for the breakdown Paul - I've had to learn all my sysadmin stuff
through organic interactions like this.

Still though - someone manages the default repositories - so my question
is, who decides when a package gets an update from whatever CentOS ships
with default to a newer version?  How does that process take place, and,
can I affect it by adding microcode_ctl-2.1-18 ?