[CentOS] Strange (?) device.map in CentOS 7 VM installations

Fri Jan 6 15:11:34 UTC 2017
Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr>

On 5/1/2017 11:04 πμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

> Can others please report the content of /boot/grub2/device.map on
> their CentOS 7 (physical or virtual) installations?

Thank you all for your reports. Since it seems this is generally the
case with CentOS 7, does anyone also have access to RHEL 7 installations
to verify if this is the case with these installations as well?

> And can any tech geek please explain when/why do we have these
> "duplicates" and if they are intentional or not?

Any feedback regarding this "issue" and its possible repercussions will
be appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
Nick