[CentOS] CentOS 7: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference

Tue Jan 10 20:43:21 UTC 2017

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am 10.01.2017 um 19:51 schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
>> We've just started seeing this. Anyone else?
>>
>> reason:         BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at
>> 00000000000000b8
>> component:      kernel
>> count:          1
>> analyzer:       vmcore
>> architecture:   x86_64
>> event_log:
>> kernel:         3.10.0-327.18.2.el7.x86_64
>> last_occurrence: 1484067452
>> os_release:     CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
>
> Why running the deprecated kernel on the CentOS 7.3?
> Current is 3.10.0-514.2.2.el7.x86_64

Well, possibly because I haven't upgraded my users' workstations, because
they're extremely dependent on their graphics, and I have to negotiate
with them when they're not trying to get results for a meeting or paper
ready....

But the question is, if the kernel's not upgraded, why does the ABRT even
happen - should that *not* have been upgraded, if the kernel wasn't?

     mark