[CentOS] [OT] VOIP

Thu Jan 19 19:03:11 UTC 2017
TE Dukes <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: CentOS [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of John R Pierce
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 1:01 PM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: Re: [CentOS] [OT] VOIP

On 1/19/2017 4:41 AM, TE Dukes wrote:
> I lost
> the ability to use the DSL as a FAX line.

Analog traditional FAX may not work very well over VOIP.    Just sayin'.

> So, I bought an OOMA. Turns out it uses a number of ports, three of
> which are reserved, 53 TCP/UDP, 110 TCP and 443 TCP. These ports have
> already been port forwarded from my cable modem/router to my server.

those ports, per
http://support.ooma.com/home/advanced-connections-and-service-ports are
OUTBOUND not inbound, they don't need forwarding.  ditto the other ports
Albert listed.

Thanks!!

I didn't have this info last night. The lady on the phone just read me a
list. She didn't say whether they were inbound or outbound.

I did open the other ports, UDP 123, UDP 514, UDP 1194,UDP 3386, UDP 3480,
UDP 10000-30000, but it didn't work.

Should have worked. Something else must be wrong.