[CentOS] amanda and selinux

Sat Jan 21 03:37:24 UTC 2017
Jon LaBadie <jcu at labadie.us>

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 08:29:29PM -0500, John Jasen wrote:
> There's an option to get selinux to report on all the 'don't audit'
> bits, which can be toggled on and off as needed. This may help in debugging.

Yes, "sesearch -D".  And there are several dealing with amanda,
mostly about recovery from backup.  I don't see any that appear
to deal with file reads.

This may be moot though, auditd is not running on my system.
I'm not sure why the change, but the audit logs stop last
October.  When I try to start auditd, it exits with the error
"audit support not enabled in kernel".

Jon