[CentOS] Restricting mirrors off a repo

Sat Jan 21 16:09:44 UTC 2017
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 01/19/2017 03:57 PM, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> What is the best way to specify which mirrors off a repository you want to
> use? Have a host with rather restricted egress rules and want to allow it
> to reach a couple of mirrors for each repo it needs. And, yes, I am not
> ready to mirror them locally.

You can do this many was .. if the mirrors you want to use are always
the same, you can just remark out the mirrorlist line and use more than
one baseurl, like this in your .repo file:

baseurl=http://192.168.0.5/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
        http://192.168.0.10/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/

(in case this wraps .. each url can be seperated by white space and only
one baseurl=)

You can also, if you want, write your own mirrorlist providing app ..