[CentOS] SELinux file permissions

Wed Jan 25 21:01:16 UTC 2017
Tim Smith <r.a.n.d.o.m.d.e.v.4+centos at gmail.com>

> Did you define my_postfixauth_private_t yourself? And if so, why?
>
> All my sockets inside /var/spool/postfix/private/ have the type
> postfix_private_t. I don't see why you think a non-standard type would fit.
> And postfix_private_t gets automatically assigned and a custom fcontext
> should not be necessary.
>
> Alexander

I just gave up in the end and did what you're (apparently) not
supposed to do .....

fgrep dovecot_t /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow

The output moaned about base types, but googling that just led me into
the murky depths of even more confusing selinux wizardry. So I gave up
trying to fix that too.... by that point I had wasted three days
trying to get Dovecot working and wasn't about to waste another three
figuring how to get around the "base types" complaints.

I love the concept of selinux but boy do I wish the developers
wouldn't have made it quite so obscure and complicated to work with !!