[CentOS] Extreme frustration with GIMP

Fri Jul 7 17:38:55 UTC 2017

Alice Wonder wrote:
> I am not a graphics person. Also can't afford to hire one.
>
> Trying to follow instructions at
> https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tutorial-quickie-separate.html
>
> I use the "intelligent scissors" just like they say, spend quite a bit
> of effort doing so.
>
> Then click the foreground select tool - just like they say - and
> suddenly everything I did with the intelligent tool is undone.
>
> WTF?
>
> Does anyone know of an actual GIMP tutorial for removing background that
> doesn't cause me to throw a damn brick through my monitor?
<snip>
Don't do that, does nasty things to a budget.

Don't know a tutorial, either, and their tools do operate in an, um,
interesting manner. That being said... I dunno if I've used the
intelligent scissors tool, but I'd expect to use a select tool, *then* a
scissors.

Feel free to talk or rant to me offlist.