[CentOS] logical volume is unreadable

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Thu Jul 6 18:31:18 UTC 2017

On 07/06/2017 10:47 AM, Volker wrote:
> On 06.07.2017 15:35, Robert Nichols wrote:
>> That looks like a snapshot volume that became invalid because it was
>> filled to capacity. Such a snapshot is lost forever. It si your
>> responsibility to monitor snapshot usage to make sure it does not run
>> out of space. The base volume, lv-vm-tviewer_vorigin, should still have
>> its original content.
>>

> That's it. Thanks for the information.
>
> How would I remove the only the snapshot but not the base volume? Will
>
> $ lvremove /dev/vg0/lv-vm-tviewer
>
> leave the base volume untouched?

That should do it. You will get one less warning if you deactivate that LV first:
     lvchange -an vg0/lv-vm-tviewer

You will still get an overly alarmist warning that removing the snapshot LV will change the source LV. Don't worry about it. The only "change" is that the source LV will no longer be flagged as a snapshot origin.

                 Do NOT delete it.