[CentOS] getting rid of hp c3180

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jul 11 19:33:45 UTC 2017

Michael Hennebry wrote:
> I have a hp photosmart C3180 all-in-one and am well and truly sick of it.
> It seems like every time I go on another printing binge,
> I need yet another print cartridge.
> hp-clean doesn't help.
> IIRC this use it or lose it "feature" is common to inkjets.
>
> What should I replace it with?
> If I want a non-cloggging printer,
> is laser jet the way I need to go?
> I'd like to do color occasionally,
> but might not want to pay the price for a color laser.

I hate HP inkjets (ok, the huge Designjet we have is different, but that's
a multi-thousand-dollar poster printer).

Cannon's ok, I think. Haven't been looking for years. On the other hand,
if you mostly print black and white, consider an inexpensive HP LJ
(*those* they make well). I have an LJ1018 (discontinued, replaced by
higher numbers) that I bought in '07? '08? for $128 at MicroCenter... and
on the spot got a $64 rebate.... I buy "compatible" toner (I have a
favorite vendor online, less than half the cost of HPs, *including*
shipping). 10pp/min. And yes, it does. And it's little. And cute. And
doesn't take up much of my desk at home.

    mark