[CentOS] getting rid of hp c3180

Jon LaBadie jcu at labadie.us
Tue Jul 11 20:37:38 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 02:47:47PM -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Tue, July 11, 2017 2:20 pm, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > I have a hp photosmart C3180 all-in-one and am well and truly sick of it.
> > It seems like every time I go on another printing binge,
> > I need yet another print cartridge.
> > hp-clean doesn't help.
> > IIRC this use it or lose it "feature" is common to inkjets.
> >
> > What should I replace it with?
> > If I want a non-cloggging printer,
> > is laser jet the way I need to go?
> > I'd like to do color occasionally,
> > but might not want to pay the price for a color laser.
>
> I would go with inexpensive HP color laser printer. Laser printers can sit
> for long time without use, without degrading, once you need it, it will
> work.

Another +1 for laser.  My wife does editing and had a need for
fast printing of large documents including color for comments etc.
We went with a large Ricoh printer about 10 years ago.  Still
in use after about 300,000 pages.

At the time we had a PhotoJet for printing pictures.  The
quality of the laser prints was sufficient for our needs
so the PJ sits in a closet.

One thing that helps the appearance of laser printed
photos is to use a heavy, high gloss paper.

Jon
Jon H. LaBadie                 jon at jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)
 Reston, VA  20190              (703) 935-6720 (C)