[CentOS] getting rid of hp c3180

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 20:52:46 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Jon LaBadie <jcu at labadie.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 02:47:47PM -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, July 11, 2017 2:20 pm, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> > I have a hp photosmart C3180 all-in-one and am well and truly sick of it.
>> > It seems like every time I go on another printing binge,
>> > I need yet another print cartridge.
>> > hp-clean doesn't help.
>> > IIRC this use it or lose it "feature" is common to inkjets.
>> >
>> > What should I replace it with?
>> > If I want a non-cloggging printer,
>> > is laser jet the way I need to go?
>> > I'd like to do color occasionally,
>> > but might not want to pay the price for a color laser.
>>
>> I would go with inexpensive HP color laser printer. Laser printers can sit
>> for long time without use, without degrading, once you need it, it will
>> work.
>
> Another +1 for laser.  My wife does editing and had a need for
> fast printing of large documents including color for comments etc.
> We went with a large Ricoh printer about 10 years ago.  Still
> in use after about 300,000 pages.
>
> At the time we had a PhotoJet for printing pictures.  The
> quality of the laser prints was sufficient for our needs
> so the PJ sits in a closet.
>
> One thing that helps the appearance of laser printed
> photos is to use a heavy, high gloss paper.

      If you read Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy, you will remember
there is a circle in hell where the only printer is an inkjet one and
behind it there are an infinite number of toners, half of them with
just one digit in its part number off and the other half with dried
out nozzles. Go read it again; I beleive it is the circle where
Comcast managers get thrown at.

There are reasonably priced colour laser printers out there. They
might not be $50 but you don't have to spend a grand for one.