[CentOS] CentOS 7, NM, and IPv6

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Jul 12 23:22:20 UTC 2017

On 07/12/17 12:09, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 07/12/2017 07:13 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>     4. It appears to try, several times, and then give up - as our
>>         manager puts it, "I to renew the lease", "Here it is","Nope,
>>         don't like that, try again", and eventually, after 4 or 5 or
>>         so tries, gives up.
>

> NM tends to log fairly verbose information.  It sounds like you've looked at
> the network traffic.  Have you looked at the logs on the affected systems?

Sorry, never got around to answering earlier, and we were all still looking.

First, a correction: the same thing is happening on C6 servers.

Next, there is *nothing*, not in dmesg*, not in /var/log/messages, to indicate
when it failed, nor any failure message. No indication why the daemon didn't
restart it.

* Ok, I've got one good thing to say about C7: dmesg -H. Love it.

       mark