[CentOS] CentOS 7 + KDE: sleep mode?

Nicolas Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Fri Jul 14 19:48:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

One of my clients is running CentOS 7 + KDE 4.14 which I installed for
her. Everything is running nicely. She asked me - more out of curiosity
- if she could use the "Sleep" mode instead of "Shutdown" like she did
when she ran Windows, so the PC would be up and running faster the next
time. I didn't know what to answer, since I don't explicitly use this
mode. Only on my laptop I simple shut the lid, which puts the laptop
into Sleep mode. But on a normal PC, I don't know if this mode is
supposed to be used.

Any suggestions?

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat