[CentOS] CentOS SDR Support

Chris Olson

chris_e_olson at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 15:02:42 UTC 2017

Several weeks ago, we posted a message seeking information about
time sources.  There were many helpful and educational responses.
An excerpt from one of the responses is included below.  We have
been following up with regard to how SDR capabilities might be
used for obtaining time using SDR dongles as well as using the
time source product referenced in that response.

Our SDR investigation has yielded many sources of information,
but not a source dedicated to CentOS support for SDR products.
Is there a CentOS subgroup and mail list directly involved with
SDR device or system support?

The SDR information resulting from our search has many references
to ADS-B and the P3.  It is almost like one absolutely must have
a P3 to make use of SDR products.

One thing that we did not find was any reference at all to SDR
products and software for monitoring the frequencies used by
recreational Remote Controlled Aircraft.

Thanks again for all the helpful system time responses.